[WikiEN-l] Requirements for Adminship

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 05:41:43 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, Jossi Fresco <jossifresco at mac.com> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Marc Riddell wrote:
>
> >> or is it an elitist workspace for an elitist group of
> >> people who live in cyberspace?
>
> A common complaint by these that have much to say but show little
> interest in contributing of their valuable free time to keep
> Wikipedia ticking.
>
> Administrators perform an admirable job and a thankless one, by the
> look if it.
>
> -- Jossi

Maybe so, but I do contribute some of my valuable free time to keeping
Wikipedia ticking, on top of a an ungodly huge family, full time job, and a
career as an artist, so your general comment does not apply to me
specifically.  So what's the point when it doesn't answer me or the
comment?  To disparage those who cannot devote huge amounts of time solely
to Wikipedia?

Wikipedia cannot be what it is intended to be if designed only for those
with plenty of free time to devote to keeping Wikipedia ticking, because
that's not anyone, that's just a little bit of the anyone who could possibly
be editing Wikipedia.

KP