[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 15:02:20 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> Why are you talking about a situation without admins? I don't know where
> you got this from.

It's the closest analogue of an admin vs admin conflict available that
you could really understand.

> OK, maybe you don't know this yet, but all changes in MediaWiki can be
> undone.

There are attacks that would take a lot more effort to undo than to do.

>There is no such thing as permanent damage.

I could put the goatse on every page tubgirl on every watch list and
lemon part on the main page. Throw in some stuff from the pain series
on the block page as a little surprise for whoever tried to stop me.

> The irony lies in the fact that your ironically-meant statement is
> actually true. (Well, almost. Of course there are negligible numbers of
> people who are truly persistent. But on the whole, very close to 100% of
> all vandals give up.)

WOW? Communism Vandal? Mr treason? General Tojo? Squidwad? how many of
these would you be happy to have their hands on admin powers?

--
geni