[WikiEN-l] Requirements for Adminship

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 13:37:48 UTC 2007

on 2/16/07 8:21 AM, Thomas Dalton at thomas.dalton at gmail.com wrote:

> On Wikipedia "consensus" is used to mean "consensus of people that
> decided to express an opinion". We don't hold referendums on policy
> decisions. Every time a proposal for a new system of selecting admins
> has been discussed, it has been rejected. That is a consensus to keep
> things pretty much as they are. It's possible that some new proposal
> might gain approval, but none have so far.

I realize I am straying from the main subject of this thread, but I wanted
to ask a question based on what was said above. When a new proposal (in
whatever area) is presented, how and where is the final decision made as to
whether that proposal becomes policy or not; and who ultimately makes it?

Marc Riddell