[WikiEN-l] Deletions - do we cut a bit of slack for the Third World

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 16 03:42:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 12:25:42AM +0000, geni wrote:
> On 2/15/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
>
> >Common sense would counsel cutting some slack. We do for [[Citizendium]]
> >(And >[[Wikinfo]].
> >

> Given the various hoaxes we've relating to that area of the world
> basic credibility requires otherwise.

If there were no sources, I would agree with you, but in the case I
asked about, it seems highly unlikely that the School's own web site is
a hoax. It would be a very elaborate one if it was, and to what point.
The slack was for third party sources. One problem is that the web site
for [[Kathmandu University]] is not responding at the moment. It probably
talks about the university owning the school, which would be another
source.

Brian.

          Brian Salter-Duke            b_duke at bigpond.net.au
               [[User:Bduke]]  mainly on en:Wikipedia.
           Also on fr: Wikipedia, Meta-Wiki and Wikiversity