[WikiEN-l] Short-lived retreat

Flame Viper flameviper12 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 20:25:14 UTC 2007

Well, the legal threats turned out to be BS, so I'm back. And rightfully so.

The "demisysop" status (as I have taken the liberty of calling it) would be much like the sysop status. It would be subject to much of the restrictions of sysop; you would have to demonstrate acumen and have responsibility, NPOV, understanding of policy, etc.

So nobody's going to get something they don't deserve. And nobody will be deprived.

The point of this status is so that excellent EDITORS (not vandalfighters,  arbitrators, etc) would be able to have special tools that would allow them to easily edit.
The problem is that there are two different fields of Wikipedia work: Editing and maintenance. Editing is the general writing and improvement of articles, citing, cleanup, categorisation, etc. Maintenance is the vandalfighting, blocking, arbitrating, mediating, and policy that provides the framework for the wiki.

Sysop tools are designed for maintenance, and too often, the mop is awarded or declined based on editing.

The "writer" class would solve that.