[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Thu Feb 15 08:14:43 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> Everyone thought that about editing too, until Wikipedia proved everyone
>> wrong.
>>

> Wikipedia didn't prove them wrong by showing that vandalism doesn't
> happen, it proved them wrong by showing that vandalism can be dealt
> with. The way we deal with it involves having some people with more
> power than the vandals. You can move the goalposts wherever you like,
> you still end up needing some people with more power than the vandals.

Is this true? I thought the primary way Wikipedia dealt with vandalism
is by treating it as just another edit, the bad ones of which are more
likely to be nixed by subsequent edits.

My personal experience is that a tiny percentage of vandalism requires
more power to solve. Is that not the case?

Thanks,

William