[WikiEN-l] Category:Jews -> Category:Jewsih people

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 13 18:54:46 UTC 2007

"Cool Cat" wrote

> You misunderstand.
>
> We can have [[Category:Jew (religon)]] [[Category:Jew (ethicity)]] and not
> [[Category:Jew]].
>
> The thing is category should be used for one thing. The term being a
> confusing one only supports this separation.

Assuming better spelling, this is still a can of worms, of course.

I'm really not happy with ethnicity categories, as a whole. Is 'ethnicity' verifiable? Sounds unscientific, anyway. Of ourse we can have 'self-identified ethnicity'. I'm glad to see [[Terence Tao]] is back to identification as 'Australian mathematician'. There was a time when he was categorised as 'choose any two' out of Chinese, American and Australian.

Charles