[WikiEN-l] - category clutter on biographical articles

Cool Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:21:51 UTC 2007

Yes but when nominated for deletion such categories are sometimes defended
by a flock of people. That particular category might stay forever if fans of
Jimi Hendrix monopolize the cfd. In the light of overcategorization of
course it has a "subjective inclusion criteria" as well as "trivial
insertion" applies.

In my view [[Wikipedia:Overcategorization]] should be applied before the
creation of categories. Category schemes (not individual categories unless
there is a spesific reason) should be proposed. Also sometimes we have
duplicate categories or poorly named ones.

What I am saying is any new subcategory to [[Category:Categories by
country]] for example should be discussed prior to every country getting
tagged by the new thing (much like stub templates in a sense). If it makes
sense consensus would agree with it. Else it could be either discussed
further or dropped. This is far more constructive than creation then
deletion discussion (current process).

    - Cool Cat