[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Feb 12 19:47:14 UTC 2007

Gary Kirk wrote:

>IMHO, it should be easier to get adminship as a) it's No Big Deal(r)
>and b) all actions can now  be reversed - and users can quickly be
>dysopped. The three month tenure, however, I find silly - if someone
>was good enough and behaved well for those three months then obviously
>they should be allowed to continue. Desysopping after three months
>would turn the whole RfA process into a lottery-like game - "if it's
>no big deal, why can't I continue as an admin?".

You may even be right about what happens after a three month tenure.  In
that case we would be able to drop the probationary provision.

Choosing a first random batch of 100, and reporting after 3 months about
what happened to this group would support the radical concept of basing
later choices on facts.  Thus:
    1. How many refused the nomination outright? (This group could be
immediately replaced by new nominations.)
    2. How many went nuts?
    3. How many stopped editing within 1 month and within 2 months?
    4. How many continued editing without using admin powers?
    5. Which admin powers did they use?
    6. other questions?

Ec