[WikiEN-l] - category clutter on biographical articles

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:07:03 UTC 2007

> An alternative approach might be to dig out that old idea of giving
> wikiprojects more power and giving them the power of cat deletion in
> their respective areas.

Yes, please!

(I recall a time -- when I first started editing -- when a WikiProject
could go and clean up a bunch of redundant or misnamed categories by a
combination of by-hand changes and speedy tags on the empty
categories.  Now, unfortunately, this type of thing tends to get
stamped out rather quickly, since "all category changes must go
through CFD".)

Kirill