[WikiEN-l] Deleting orphaned unfree images

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sun Feb 11 18:00:50 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> On 2/11/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>>> i, Thomas. You seem both very determined to win this argument, and very
>>> reluctant to explain why it matters so much.
>>>
>> Comments like this are the reason William should be an admin.  And
>> probably an arbitrator.  And maybe even a vice-Jimbo.
>>

> You view not assuming good faith as a good thing?

Hi, Geni and Guy.

Although I appreciate his comments at the same time I feel they were too
kind, I think I was assuming good faith. I just couldn't understand the
goal of Thomas's proposal, and his vehemence seemed out of proportion to
the apparent harm. When I and another fellow had asked him directly what
problem he was trying to solve, he didn't answer.

If I weren't assuming good faith, I'd just have put him in the category
of "difficult person" and stopped responding to him. In this case, the
best he's-acting-in-good-faith theory I could come up with was that
there was some other factor that I was missing. So I asked.

What would you prefer I have done? And just to be clear, that's a
sincere question, not rhetorical snark.

Thanks,

Wiliam