[WikiEN-l] Sanger and CZ

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sun Feb 11 17:25:25 UTC 2007

> Tell me, have any of you read this:
> http://daveydweeb.com/2007/02/07/citizendium-isnt-interested-in-
> your-opinion/
>
> I was shocked when I read it... that is, until I read Sanger's
> response
> beneath it... then I was absolutely dumbfounded. With a guy with that
> attitude at the helm, I'm expecting the CZ project to fizzle out VERY
> quicky.

In any case, Wikipedia's success surely involves a large element of
unrepeatable luck. The right idea _at the right time_, and a huge
element of first-mover advantage or whatever the heck they call it.

There's only one Wikipedia, and everyone who thinks that if they
build another one they will come is likely to be disappointed.