[WikiEN-l] Sanger and CZ

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 10:35:41 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Glen S <wikiglen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tell me, have any of you read this:
>
> http://daveydweeb.com/2007/02/07/citizendium-isnt-interested-in-your-opinion/
>
> I was shocked when I read it... that is, until I read Sanger's response
> beneath it... then I was absolutely dumbfounded. With a guy with that
> attitude at the helm, I'm expecting the CZ project to fizzle out VERY
> quicky.
>
> Glen
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Glen_S

Glen,

Thanks for posting this.

It confirms my belief that Citizendium is having serious problems. In a
Citizendium post announcing that they would no longer be forking Wikipedia,
Larry Sanger claimed that they had 24 active contributors as I recall. That
isn't very many and it seems that a couple of those are no longer active.
Sanger's claims about micromanaging suggests that many of the senior people
aren't contributing much. Twenty odd people aren't terribly many people for
a project of Citizendium's claimed ambit.

He seems to have annoyed many of the experts that have signed up as shown by
the post by another contributor and the problems over Afro-American
literature discussed previously on the list.

Larry Sanger has been talking about how Citizendium will be much better than
Wikipedia. It hasn't gone live yet and I doubt that it will for some months.
If it does, I am predicting that I will fall well short of Wikipedia in both
quantity and quality.

Regards

Keith Old