[WikiEN-l] Deleting orphaned unfree images

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sat Feb 10 23:34:56 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>>   I agree with this, of course.  But en: treats unfree content as deserving of
>> many of the same protections from deletion as free content, and deleting a
>> "fair use" image that we're not actually using will provoke people into
>> accusations of ignoring process, abuse of admin tools, and may even wind up at
>> Deletion Review.
>>

> It it process. It's CSD I5. You tag it, wait 7 days, and then delete
> it. Not a very speedy form of speedy deletion, but it's on the list.
>
> I'm not sure why we give people so long - they can upload the image
> again if they find a use for it. I would suggest reducing it to 24
> hours (enough to account for images being removed from articles
> without consensus, any longer is unnecessary), but I'm not really
> involved in the image side of things, so I'll leave it to someone
> else.

Should we really expect everybody to check on everything they care about
every 24 hours?

The 7 days here or 5 for proposed article deletion seems like a
reasonable balance between friendliness and tidiness, but I'd be a
little frustrated to find that something I was working on was gone
because I'd taken the weekend off.

William