[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 03:22:58 UTC 2007

> On 10/02/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if you read SEO forums much but text generation systems
> > are getting quite good. How certain are you that you can pick up 100%
> > of them within 150 edits? Heck write a wikification bot and even fewer
> > will be picked up.
>

> I must say I hadn't heard of that one. Do you have any pointers to
> somewhere I can read up on this?
>
> I still aspire to an English Wikipedia where any editor can become
> admin unless unsuitable - rather than the present utterly broken RFA
> process. Meh!

The one plus side is that controversial people get flagged really quickly.

I think that my RFA failed because of that - as much as I think I was
in the right in where I was trying to balance my responses to the
MONGO situation previously, at the time my RFA came up, the topic and
what I was trying to do were pretty controversial.

I can live with that.  I don't think it was fair, but it's probably
the least of the unfair things that happened to people coming out of
that sequence of events. The community saying "that's controversial"
was reasonable.

I do want a good feedback mechanism in place.  It may make more sense
on the back end (desysopping more easily) than front end (RFAs harder)
but I do think we need that feedback and correction mechanism working
there.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com