[WikiEN-l] Your comments on wikien-l regarding adminship

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 23:07:29 UTC 2007

--- Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've already explained this elsewhere, so I'll only give
> a quick summary
> here. Wikipedia does something _right_ by letting
> everyone edit. The
> underlying philosophy is that everyone starts out as
> innocent

This is equivalent to saying existing users have superior
knowledge to new users.  That may be in terms of wikitech,
wikilawyering, wikipolitics, etc., but not knowledge of
whatever articles they happen to be editing.  You're
claiming that the same thing you claim is wrong about the
admin approval, to be suspicious of the admins intent,
reliability, and knowledge, is actually being applied, at
the very least, to every new user.

It seems the ruling policy, NPOV, is inherently suspicious
and it's not really a problem to be suspicious from the
ground up.

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick