[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 21:23:11 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 2/9/07 3:44 PM, geni at geniice at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Šyou end up with resentment against the lucky
> > ones.
>
> After reading all of the posts on the provocatively-named subject "Admin
> Burnout", I am hard pressed to see anything "lucky" about being "chosen" as
> one. How on earth would you go about persuading someone to take this on? The
> whole day's posts have spoken about nothing but the negative side of the
> job; are there any advantages - or are you simply hoping there are enough
> masochists out there to fill the positions?
>
> Marc Riddell

You can see deleted edits you can speedy stuff without tagging and you
can block without going through AIV. You can edit protected templates
without messing around. reverting is less effort. Certian types of
page moves are only posible for admins

On the less official side people tend to think twice before attacking
you and you tend to get a free pass when it comes to being trusted.

On the against policy but can be done anyway if you are smart. You can:

Speedy rather than prod
Block new users who are being anoying

--
geni