[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Fri Feb 9 19:27:56 UTC 2007

Rob wrote:
> On 2/9/07, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
>   The _right_ way would be to demote the ones
>
>>who misuse it, not to prevent the constructive ones from being constructive.
>
> And who would be empowered to de-admin people?  Those people would
> become the cabal with the "special" "privilieges" instead of admins.

Oh, but the people who are currently empowered to _grant_ adminship
aren't considered a "cabal" by the admins!

It seems to me that this whole "cabal" thing usually refers only to
admins who do blocking or speedy deletions, but never to an admin who
enforces an AfD decision or a bureaucrat who executes the result of an
RfA. The reason for this is likely because there is sufficient
discussion going on in the latter cases. Blocks are not discussed, so to
a new user they can easily seem arbitrary and (perhaps) personal.

Thus, if de-adminship was discussed enough, it would probably solve your
concern. Of course, people who go on a rampage would still need to be
de-adminned quickly, but the discussion can still go on and the user can
perhaps defend their actions and get their permissions back if it turns
out they were acting correctly.

Timwi