[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

Keitei nihthraefn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:28:15 UTC 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 9:42, geni wrote:

> Editors are people. Being blocked hurts. Haveing your work deleted
> hurts.

Why does being blocked hurt? If a block is just what happens when you
do such and such (like revert three times), why would that be a blow
to the ego? You wait it out, you can edit again, no big deal.
Ideally, you don't do anything which would lead to a block and
nothing happens.

I think that probably punitive blocks would have less drama and be
better received overall. Currently blocks mean "this person is a
danger to the community." A punitive block would just mean "this
person did such and such" and would both prevent further unwanted
actions and not stigmatize it more than needed. But I will not be
pushing for a rewrite of the blocking policy. I just think it really
ought to be no big deal.

--keitei