[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Fri Feb 9 13:35:55 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell wrote:
> on 2/9/07 7:05 AM, Timwi at timwi at gmx.net wrote:
>
>>The big problem with this sentiment is that you think that quantity gets
>>in the way of quality. That is a major mistake, because it will stop you
>>from promoting people to adminship who would later turn out to be
>>high-quality admins.
>
> How does the Community define a "quality admin"?

Why do you need such a definition?

What you need a definition for is a "low-quality admin", because those
are the ones that you want to demote.

While I don't claim that "low-quality admin" is easier to define, I
think that common sense can go a long way there. If an admin performs
controversial actions regularly, then you might consider they cause more
disruption than they benefit the project. Etc.

Timwi