[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

Gurch matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 9 11:48:21 UTC 2007

George Herbert wrote:
> We apparently just lost Alkivar (hopefully just on a stress relief
> break, but he says he's out of here indefinitely).
>
> We're doing terribly at keeping identified, overstressed admins from
> ending up going over the edge.  What are we doing wrong, or what do we
> need to learn to do right?

Look, some of us have this thing called "real life" (you may have heard
of it) which sometimes gets in the way of things; and unbelievable
though it may sound, it is more important to us than this stupid little
website, and we just have to call it quits. Like adminship itself, this
should be no big deal.

The way to deal with this is to stop imposing such preposterous
requirements at RfA. Most (not many, MOST) of the current admins don't
measure up to the standards being imposed on new candidates. The supply
of new administrators should be compensating for the departure of old
ones whilst keeping pace with the growth of the project.

-Gurch