[WikiEN-l] Admin burnout

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 9 03:34:04 UTC 2007

ikiroid wrote:

> Perhaps it's the fact that we only really promote to adminship the
> workaholics or veterans who slipped through the cracks and we forgot to
> nominate, so we end up with a backlog of everything.

Along these lines, one of the huge problems with edit-count-creep is
that we have created a process that systematically selects *against*
people who are careful, take their time, and think before acting. It's
not surprising if the current system generates more people who burn out,
because sometimes their activity reflects their volatility.

We are supposed to be focusing on quality, not quantity, with respect to
the encyclopedia articles. It's high time we did the same for
administrators.

--Michael Snow