[WikiEN-l] Fluctuating Google result count with Firefox

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Feb 9 02:29:56 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:
> I know we're all a fan of Googlecounting results. But this is weird:
> When I search for a term in Firefox's Google box, the result count is
> exactly 200% what it should be.

I had a similar problem a little while ago.  Word counts against
Google using Firefox were off by some significant factor (in my
case I think it was *ten*) from results returned by lynx or other
browsers.

It was driving me nuts.  I eventually discovered I could make the
problem go away by... clearing my cookies.  Go figure.