[WikiEN-l] Someone proposed a change to the legal disclaimer

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 19:30:27 UTC 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Legal_disclaimer#Edit_Request_.22articles_-.3E_articles_and_resources.22_.28applies_to_all_disclaimers.2C_not_just_legal_disclaimer.29

This request is specifically motivated by the "reference desk," although I
> am sure there are other categories of WP content that do not constitute
> formal "articles" and are nonetheless subject to the standard disclaimer(s).
> Perhaps an appropriate change would be to replace the first instance of
> "articles" with "articles and resources" and then change all subsequent
> references to "resources." In any event, it seems appropriate to make a
> minor rewording to indicate that WP consists of more than just "articles,"
> and that the appropriate disclaimers apply throughout all WP content.
> dr.ef.tymac <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dreftymac> 16:15, 6
> February 2007 (UTC)

Sounds like a pretty reasonable request, myself and J.smith have agreed.
Neither of us is too sure about editing the legal disclaimer, though --
obviously we should be careful about editing, if we edit it at all, but are
there any additional policies or concerns which should be considered,
beforehand?

-Luna