[WikiEN-l] If you don't object to this, you're consenting

Larry Pieniazek lar at miltontrainworks.com
Thu Feb 8 18:38:56 UTC 2007

I'm an OTRS Newbie but I agree with Stephen that this approach is sound, and
that keeping a single point of contact for legal concerns is likely to be
the best approach, and that the OTRS gang does a generally good job of
binning things correctly...

> Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:51:53 +0000
> From: "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
> Subject: [WikiEN-l] If you don't object to this, you're consenting
> To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>,
> "Wikimedia
> 	Foundation Mailing List" <foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us/Article_problem/Factual_er
ror_%28from_enterprise%29

> I posted about this to both these lists and have had no
> replies or comment whatsoever so far.
>
> So unless someone comes up with really convincing reasons not
> to push this as the place to send companies with article
> concerns - and I mean as in, sending out a press release -
> then that's precisely what's going to happen.
>
> In particular, are there any OTRS volunteers who can tell me
> if that's the best way to raise a substantial legal concern
> about something on en:wp?
>

> - d.

> Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 03:47:59 +1100
> From: "Stephen Bain" <stephen.bain at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] If you don't object to this, you're consenting
> To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>
> On 2/9/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > In particular, are there any OTRS volunteers who can tell
> me if that's
> > the best way to raise a substantial legal concern about
> something on
> > en:wp?
>
> Yes, it should (generally) go to OTRS. Volunteers there know
> how to put matters before the right people if necessary, or
> deal with it themselves if it's just some junk in the article.
>
> You might like to also mention pages such as
> [[foundation:designated agent]] where the Foundation contact
> page is mentioned.
>
> --
> Stephen Bain
> stephen.bain at gmail.com