[WikiEN-l] Expandable dablinks

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:40:42 UTC 2007

On 2/8/07, Rich Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> What you've done is great. However, I did discover an issue (you may
> already be aware of this)...If the transcluded disambig page has
> sections, then those sections show up in the TOC of the transcluding page.
>
> No obvious solution comes to mind, short of eliminating sections from
> disambig pages.
>
> -Rich

That is a problem with using only wikicode. I'd suggest instead using
an ajaxy (not really, but kinda) solution where a javascript loads the
HTML from the target page and displays it in the box (I'm thinking of
the popups addon, it does that, right?) That would ensure that the
headings doesn't appear in the article, since it is added after the
page has been rendered by mediawiki.

Also, it would hide the code from non-javascript capable browsers.

--Oskar