[WikiEN-l] Expandable dablinks

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:35:11 UTC 2007

On 2/8/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When JavaScript is off, you get both the normal disambig text and the
> > transcluded disambig page, without the hide/show "link". (Tested using
> > Firefox 2.0) I'd think that just the disambig text is what we'd like.
>
> Yep.

This is probably going to require some custom coding - the existing
templates all work on the assumption that you want the text to appear
if JavaScript is unavailable.

> > It would also be good, I think, to default to not showing the
> > transcluded disambig page...currently it defaults to showing it.
>
> Yep.

Turns out to be not too hard. I've now got three methods for doing the
showy/hidey thing (one donated by someone else). The third one, using
the {{hidden}} template is IMHO the prettiest and least intrusive.

Steve