[WikiEN-l] Expandable dablinks

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 00:42:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,
  I wanted to try and implement this myself, but haven't found the
time. So here's my amazing idea:

At the top of a page with a disambig link, you get some text like:

''For other uses, see [[He Said, She Said (disambiguation).]]''.

I think it would be possible, and very desirable, to make that
expandable with some javascript:

''For other uses, see [[He Said, She Said (disambiguation).]]'' [show].

Clicking [show] would replace the template by the actual contents of
the disambiguation page:

--
He Said, She Said may refer to:

    * He Said She Said (song), a single by Ashley Tisdale.
    * He Said, She Said, a 1991 romantic comedy starring Kevin Bacon
and Elizabeth Perkins.
    * He Said, She Said (game show), an American game show hosted by
former baseball great Joe Garagiola.

For the general concept of differing unsubstantiated accounts of an
event, see logical argument.
--
(and the rest of the page [[He Said, She Said]] would appear here).

Since ambiguous titles are so common now with nearly 2 million
articles, navigating to the correct article is taking longer and
longer. I think this would speed that process up. Any takers?

Steve