[WikiEN-l] False AfD Nominations

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:03:32 UTC 2007

Phil Sandifer wrote:

<snip>
> Let me be blunter: if this is standard for how the community
> considers deletion (and I've seen precious little evidence of late
> that it's not), the community can no longer be trusted with this
> function.

I've known this for two years now. "The People" can NEVER be trusted.
Democracy works well in theory, but not in practice - and people keep
forgetting that Wikipedia is not an experiment in internet democracy
(hence, they keep voting and denying that they're voting).

"You know how stupid the average person is? Well, by definition, half of
'em are stupider than that!!!"