[WikiEN-l] Category:Jews -> Category:Jewsih people

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Feb 4 21:23:50 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:

>>I proposed a rename as per wikipedias categorization scheme, we add "people"
>>to any ethnicity. There appears to be a number of panic "oppose" votes. What
>>do you think?
>>

>I don't see any panicking going on. People are just opposing,
>generally with valid reasons.

Did you read the comments?

"...Also without assuming bad faith I have to ask why people would be so
concerned with moving this category..- Moshe Constantine Hassan
Al-Silverburg"
"Strong Oppose per IZAK, frankly I'm shocked that this is even up for
discussion. ... -- Chabuk"
"Oppose. ... Share Chabuk's outrage that we're even voting on this. JFW"

Frankly I'm shocked that these kinds of personal attacks towards a
good-faith contributor are tolerated on Wikipedia, even if one of them
hilariously prefaced the attack with the phrase "without assuming bad
faith".

-Mark