[WikiEN-l] Category:Jews -> Category:Jewsih people

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 17:33:37 UTC 2007

> I proposed a rename as per wikipedias categorization scheme, we add "people"
> to any ethnicity. There appears to be a number of panic "oppose" votes. What
> do you think?

I don't see any panicking going on. People are just opposing,
generally with valid reasons. I understand why you proposed it, but by
the look of that discussion, it would seem the preferred consistency
would be achieved by removing "people" from all the categories where
it isn't necessary (so [[Category:Christian people]] becomes
[[Category:Christians]]), rather than adding "people" to the other
categories.