[WikiEN-l] Most cunningly disguised spam yet?

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:44:19 UTC 2007

It looks like Guy Chapman is definitely reading this list and is active on
Wikipedia --
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:%24_London_Apartments&diff=next&oldid=105016776.
He still hasn't answered my polite e-mails, though, so I have to conclude
he's just being arrogant and rude.

It also appears that the Stalinist hive-mind has a "flexible" definition of
what constitutes "spam".  A few "nofollow" links to London apartment pages
on a User page = spam.  Nearly 3,000 links to a for-profit Google AdSense
funded operation that gets exemptions from "nofollow" and often points to
wikis that have, at best, two active editors in the past month and/or less
than 5 edits overall in a month = not spam.  Reporting on this "not spam" =
blockable offense from an admin who ignores e-mails.

If you Wikipedians are proud of this type of work, keep it up.  It only
generates MORE of an urge to expose the hypocrisy.

--
Gregory Kohs
Cell: 302.463.1354