[WikiEN-l] lists.wikimedia.org mailing list memberships reminder

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:56:42 UTC 2007

I don't know about other subscribers to this mailing list, but I just
received a password reminder email for Wikimedia mailing lists,
despite never having received one before, ever. This is probably an
unintentional change brought about by the changes to the mailing lists
in January.

To turn this back off, visit the WikiEN-l list information page at the
following URL:

Type your email address in the box under "Changing options and
unsubscribing" and click "Unsubscribe or edit options". Type in your
password on the next screen and hit "Log in". Scroll down to "Get
password reminder email for this list?", click "no", and click "Set
globally" if you want to turn it off for all Wikimedia mailing lists
you are subscribed to with that email address.

Then click "Submit my changes" at the bottom of the screen.

Voila! No more getting your passwords emailed to you in plain text
(which I, for one, think is the stupidest feature of MailMan ever).

~Mark Ryan