[WikiEN-l] WP:EPISODE

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:39:46 UTC 2007

That is actually not all that uncommon for these types of situations -
similar things happen in nationalism disputes. Rather than making the
difficult content dispute decisions (which isn't their place) they
admonish editors to work constructively and sometimes address conduct
issues if necessary.

They didn't accept this case to deal with the underlying content
dispute, and the decision principles cover the conduct that was
objectionable which was the basis of 'cert' here.

Generally, there is no need to pause attempts to build consensus in a
content dispute during an ArbCom case, as long as it is done without
exacerbating the conduct and policy issues being addressed by Arbs.