[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-L] Interesting fact

Nachman nachman.chayal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:45:33 UTC 2007

Some might find this interesting:

Over the holidays, I spoke to an individual I know well and was told that US
intelligence agencies keep a local copy of Wikipedia available for employees
who are isolated from the Internet for security reasons. Apparently, its
updated once a year. (Its separate from Intellipedia, which is used for
sharing information classified up to TS).

Additionally, it turns out that if intelligence employees have their names
published on a site like Wikipedia (even without a connection to their
position) they are dismissed or transferred to a public position (i.e .
public relations).

The quote was "Hello, we found your name on Wikipedia. You're the new CIA
job fair representative."

(posted using alternate e-mail)