[WikiEN-l] De-sysoppings in the year of 2007

Ral315 en.ral315 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 07:09:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 3:27 PM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the real world, organizations plan for a 10-12% turnover of management
> staff every year; Wikipedia is well below that level.

Exactly -- in fact, our desysopping rate has hovered right around 3% in both
2006 and 2007.  Both 2006 and 2007 had ten involuntary desysoppings
(ignoring those that appear to involve compromised accounts); in 2007 there
were more involuntary desysoppings, but nothing significant percentage-wise.

It's important to understand that Wikipedia is a volunteer project -- people
will move on to other things.  There's nothing wrong with this turnover
(although the drama should certainly be contained more than it is now).

--
Sincerely,
Ral315