[WikiEN-l] De-sysoppings in the year of 2007

Jonathan (Wikipedia) jonathan.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:45:26 UTC 2007

Majorly wrote:
> On 27/12/2007, Jonathan (Wikipedia) <jonathan.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, there were a total of *79* de-sysoppings this year. I understand
>> three were because of compromising, and several were voluntary, but this
>> is pitiful, and *we can do better*. If people on here want to be danged
>> drama queens, they should just take it to email with the users involved.
>> This, again, is pitiful. We've got to stop acting like this and BUILD
>> THE ENCYCLOPEDIA. Thank you.
>>
>> ~Jonathan

> How many of those were because of bad admins though? Sometimes, an admin
> needs a break from seeing extra buttons they no longer want to be dealing
> with, so will request to be desysopped. I don't see that as a problem.
>
> Bad admins of course are a problem, and so are compromised accounts. Less of
> that next year of course, but admins can resign whenever they wish - it
> isn't a problem at all.

Yes, but this is more than we've ever had.  I know that Wikipedia has
some admins retire, but we had more than last year. I'm not trying to
alarm everyone, but this is scaring me just a bit. I've seen a few
retirements because of a problem with another editor. THAT is what I'm
saying we need to get our act together about.

~Jonathan