[WikiEN-l] De-sysoppings in the year of 2007

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:27:30 UTC 2007

Frankly, I think that a healthy number of desysoppings is a good sign.
First off, adminship is supposed to be *no big deal*, remember?  Secondly,
it means that the community makes it clear when people aren't meeting
expected standards.  Finally, the  former admins who have voluntarily
relinquished the bit are to be applauded; they have demonstrated a high
level of self-awareness and respect for the project.

In the real world, organizations plan for a 10-12% turnover of management
staff every year; Wikipedia is well below that level.

Risker