[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 15:36:28 UTC 2007

On 25/12/2007, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/12/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> > I wouldn't consider hit-and-runs etc. as meriting an article either,
> > that's why I said I wasn't sure there was *any* significant events. So
> > you're suggesting the "single event" is her being hired by the
> > foundation?
> >

> Yes, it's the only thing that might force us to catalog the appalling
> events of this person's life in an encyclopedia.

Just being COO of WMF isn't enough to even be considered for a
Wikipedia article. Just being involved in a hit and run (etc) isn't
enough to even be considered for a Wikipedia article. The two
together, however, are clearly enough that people are considering it.
That means we can't reduce everything to a single event, since no
single event gives the correct conclusion.