[WikiEN-l] When should Wikinews be a reliable source on Wikipedia?

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 23:55:38 UTC 2007

I'm tempted to answer that with never.  Too much room for
abuse, which the BP may or may not solve.  We wouldn't know
until the BP document is made and tested to prove it works.
 Until then, and after, a better option may be to limit it
to the wikinews articles that are first cited by other
reliable sources.  Until then, it may as well be the White
House encyclopedia citing White House press releases.

--- Cool Hand Luke <failure.to.communicate at gmail.com>

thread.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard#Wikinews:_Please_post_definite_answer>

thread<http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Water_cooler/miscellaneous#I_want_to_help.3B_how_you_can_help_me_help>
> .
>
> I think that this is a great solution, which would answer
> the continual
> objections that Wikinews faces on our project.  However,
> more editors should weigh in.

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick