[WikiEN-l] Visual disambiguation pages

elisabeth bauer eflebeth at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 24 00:29:45 UTC 2007

2007/12/23, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
> Wondering if anyone had attempted a "visual disambiguation" page, for
> locating plants or animals visually. A few photos could be given for
> each level of the taxonomy, down to the lowest level. Would such a
> thing fit within the Wikipedia framework? Would it fit better at
> Wikispecies?

We have so far three "Bildtafeln" in the german wikipedia:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildtafel_Obst_und_Gem%C3%BCse
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildtafel_Katzenrassen
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildtafel_Hunderassen

After some hard discussions on afd and deletion review the three pages
were finally kept. Personally, I find them quite useful, especially
the first for identifying unknown fruit sorts in the super market...

greetings,
elian