[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 21 22:25:24 UTC 2007

Jimmy Wales wrote:
  it is just an embarassment and for
> this poor woman, her rather sad life story is now in the Associated
> Press.  But this whole thing is still amply covered by BLP1E and
> non-Wikipedia precedent and tradition.

I could not agree more. Indeed all mention of this incident can probably
be expunged from wikipedia in about twelve months time.

However, and this is the catch 22, if our concern is that a "poor woman
with a sad life story" be left alone then trying to prevent a bio may be
  completely counterproductive. As mush as I hate it, if someone in the
community forces the issue (and I hope they don't), our only means for
preventing such bio (and enforcing BLP1E, is either to have a wiki-drama
and a high profile DRV or Jimmy publicly intervening. The is the real
danger that either scenario will end up in another press run for trash
like the Register.

Doc