[WikiEN-l] COO story now in major media

doc doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 21 21:48:01 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> It's a pretty clear single-incident bio - [[WP:BLP1E]].
>
> Is it, though? What is the single-incident? The story breaking? In
> which case, we end up with news coverage being the story rather than
> covering the story, and everything goes haywire (we only have primary
> sources, for a start, which suggests it's not notable). If she's
> notable, it's for a series of crimes and a spell as COO of WMF, not
> for a single incident, thus she should get her own article, rather
> than there being an article on the story.
>
> Viewed in that light, I'd say she probably isn't notable. Consider the
> "Will anyone care in X amount of time?" approach - I'd say the answer
> is "no" for quite small values of X (6 months, or so).

I'd say she's worth two or three lines on the Wikimedia Foundation
article at most. A bio? No chance. Not unless she turn out to be Jimbo's
long-lost sister and goes on to cure cancer.

Other than the fact she has a criminal record she's not notable - the
notability (if any) is in what the Foundation did (or failed to do), and
the media commentary is all on that. The media are not even interested
in her, but in WMF, there's little chance of her autobiography becoming
a mini-series.

However, having said all of that, do we really need the publicity and
the crappy calls of 'censorship' that a DRV entails.  Let the bio be
created, and then merge it with WMF in a month or two.

Doc