[WikiEN-l] Threats made on Wikipedia

Nathan Awrich nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:22:46 UTC 2007

I noticed that thread on AN/I and thought perhaps people were being
too dismissive. We should follow the lead of the folks who are
professional in these areas and not take the decision upon ourselves,
i.e. report what we can and allow police/school administrators to
decide whether a particular threat is credible. A quick e-mail to
school administration that a threat was posted using a school
IP/against a particular school takes little time and prevents a news
article saying "Wikipedia ignored threat, 27 died."

Nathan