[WikiEN-l] Citizendium on quality

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:43:01 UTC 2007

Keith Old wrote:

> G'day folks,
>
> I note that Larry Sanger was predicting 50,000 or 100,000 instead of the
> 20,000 produced in the first year. After nearly, a year, they have 4,400.
> Hardly a stunning success.
>
> Regards
>

> *Keith Old*
>

> User:Capitalistroadster

See, in spite of what is said by some, trolls[1][2] may be invaluable
for building an encyclopedia

[1] One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely
misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually
quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks are usually a result of their
awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many
enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective.

[2] The meaning of the word troll is unknown. It might have had the
original meaning of supernatural or magical with an overlay of malignant
and perilous. Another likely suggestion is that it means "someone who
behaves violently".