[WikiEN-l] Film article obscene image vandalism?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 04:38:09 UTC 2007

On 12/16/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...for what it's worth, we have over a thousand templates transcluded
> more than 2,800 times - even allowing for duplication and for some not
> being "reader-facing", that's still a heck of a lot. Is there any
> reason I shouldn't roll through protecting the high-use ones?

The reason is that trustworthy, non-admin editors then can't edit
them. As such a person, I find it frustrating that I can't touch many
of these templates. Yes, I can call for an admin. But wikis are
founded on a low effort to participation model.

Which is to say: yes, you should protect them. But we should work on a
model to define trustworthy, non-admin editors. And if occasionally, a
supposedly trustworthy non-admin goes berserk and sprays vaginas
everywhere, it's not the end of the world.

Steve