[WikiEN-l] Another admin burnout

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 02:41:05 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 5:00 PM, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a difference between people chosing to leave the project, and
> a project where the usual mode of leaving for experienced participants
> is an antagonistic conflict incident blowing up.

Not to say I'm not concerned, but is that really the "usual" mode of
leaving? Certainly it can get a lot of attention, and it's easier to keep
track of, but I'm not sure where the numbers would be, on that one.

Also, if people are exploding, I'd imagine that resolving the immediate
issue which led to the explosion is only treating a symptom. Since they
probably exploded after a good deal of building up stress, the source of
building stress may be our greater concern. Band-aids can work wonders, but
they won't solve underlying problems.

...trouble, of course, few seem to agree on what those underlying problems
are.

-Luna