[WikiEN-l] The Wikipedia critics' perfect storm

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 17 01:27:55 UTC 2007

Dan Tobias wrote:
> Lately there has been a whole series of controversies, scandals,
> and the like which have led to negative publicity for Wikipedia...

Much of what you say is true, although I'm not sure the
situation is quite as dire as you paint it.  (Yet.)

Certainly our reaction to the Durova affair and the Register
article on it was painfully myopic and defensive.  We deserved
to get beaten up over that much worse than we did; I guess we
got lucky.  We may not be so lucky next time.