[WikiEN-l] The Wikipedia critics' perfect storm

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:13:45 UTC 2007

On 16/12/2007, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> From the media
> reaction to all this, it is very clear that Wikipedia's honeymoon is
> long over.  A few years ago, the media, blogosphere, general public,
> and the ranks of Wikipedians themselves were full of people in their
> initial bloom of enthusiasm ...

I'm really not sure this has faded as much as you make out. I mean, I
stumbled across *yet another* of those "let's look at Wikipedia, isn't
it really exciting" articles today entirely by accident -
http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid52864.aspx

It does indeed have some criticism - but the tone is generally upbeat
and favourable, and it doesn't seem materially much different to stuff
I was reading a year or two back.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk