[WikiEN-l] Former Wikimedia employee was a felon.

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 14:52:24 UTC 2007

On 16/12/2007, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Filth is not a "dissenting opinion", and you insult people who really
> hold dissenting opinions by suggesting it is. How is it that people
> cannot comprehend that it's possible to disagree without descending
> into spiteful tirades?

Lots of people descend into spiteful tirades on this mailing list. We
don't ban (read: unsubscribe) most of them. We place them on
moderation and do not approve their emails to the mailing list until
they calm down and start making sense. Labelling angry, but honest,
opinions as 'filth' is worse, in my opinion, than the actual content
of such emails.

~Mark Ryan